SHOOTING RANGE RULES
The fundamental NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling Are:
ALWAYS Keep the Gun Pointed in a Safe Direction.
ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger Until Ready to Shoot.
ALWAYS Keep the Gun Unloaded Until Ready to Use.
Aware That Certain Types of Guns and Many Shooting Activities Require Additional Safety Precautions
When Using A Gun, Always follow These Rules:
- Know Your Target and What is Beyond; Make Sure the Down-Range Area is Unoccupied.
- Be Sure the Gun is Safe to Operate.
- Be Thoroughly Familiar With How the Gun Operates.
- Use Only the Correct Ammunition For Your Gun.
- Wear Eye and Ear Protection as Appropriate.
- Never Use Alcohol or Drugs Before or While Shooting.
- Unattended Guns Should Not be Accessible to Unauthorized Persons.